Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Pumpkin-Bean Soup

This was my first failure. I choose this meal because the picture looked good and it was something different than what we normally eat. I really thought it was going to be a great meal, but it ended up being one of the worst meals my husband and I ever ate. At first I told my husband that we had to eat it, that we couldn't waste it; but after several minutes of playing with our food like we were children stuck at the dinner table we both decided enough is enough and threw it outside for the birds.

It was a funny sight since we had about 2 feet of snow outside and now one area of the backyard had a large orange mess with scattered beans everywhere. It took several weeks until the snow finally melted and we were no longer witnesses to that awful meal we had that night, but once the beans were on solid ground the birds had a field day and it made me feel somewhat better knowing at least someone got to enjoy the meal we hated.

Obviously this meal wasn't for us, but maybe it is something you would enjoy and who am I to stop you from trying it. You can view the recipe here on the Better Homes and Gardens website.

No comments:

Post a Comment