Friday, May 13, 2011

More Failures

3 more meals that just didn't make it to my cookbook, because honestly we just didn't like them.

1st meal was a slow cooker meal Asian Chicken and Rice (sorry can't find the recipe online). It was very bland and underwhelming. Sad to admit this but I think I made this 2 or 3 weeks ago and the left-overs are still in my fridge. Gross! Now that it is on my mind, I'll throw it in the garbage now. :)

2nd dish was a dessert, Fresh Pear and Cranberry Pie. Not really sure what happened to this pie. I cooked it for an extra 15 to 20 minutes and it still looked like a sloppy liquid mess. It tasted ok, but this was more like a pear and cranberry soup than a pie. Will not try this again.

Last one was a meal I made last night, Chicken with Cherry-Ginger Chutney. The chicken tasted great and even the cherries and walnuts but the apples, heck no. 3 tablespoons of vinegar was added to the sauce which only needed to be cooked with the cherries, walnuts, and apples for 1 minute. My apples had such a STRONG vinegar taste that it almost made me sick. It seemed as if the apples soaked the sauce right up and it was just so overwhelming. If you decide to try this recipe maybe cut down the amount of vinegar you use. I will not try this again though, even though the online recipe calls for cider vinegar and my book just says vinegar. Maybe that would make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment